Learn to be a Better Writer
English is a crucial skill to have in order to participate as a key member of society.
Speaking and writing English fluently allows each student to communicate their ideas and express their emotions to others. Reading and listening allow the student to understand the communication of other people. Learning English plays a crucial role in developing culturally, emotionally, intellectually, socially and spiritually.
English is a key skill to have in order to participate as a key member of society. Students who do not speak, write and read fluently can be disenfranchised. Reading enables each student to build their knowledge on a variety of different topics.
- read easily, fluently and with good understanding
- develop the habit of reading widely and often, for both pleasure and information
- acquire a wide vocabulary, an understanding of grammar and knowledge of linguistic conventions for reading, writing and spoken language
- appreciate our rich and varied literary heritage
- write clearly, accurately and coherently, adapting their language and style in and for a range of contexts, purposes and audiences
- use discussion in order to learn; they should be able to elaborate and explain clearly their understanding and ideas
- are competent in the arts of speaking and listening, making formal presentations, demonstrating to others and participating in debate.
Saeed is an English teacher and tutor with over 11 years of experience working in the secondary school education sector; Saeed has worked with all key stages and has experience of teaching within a range of educational settings and establishments both in the UK and abroad.
Saeed lives in Brighton, he loves reading poetry and literature. Most weekends he goes horse riding with his cousin.